SnoCope CU believes in giving back to our community. We recognize sharing with others supports our credit union philosophy of People Helping People. This tradition of services has been recognized by the receipt of numerous Dora Maxwell Awards for outstanding community service.
On a day to day basis, we support our community in many ways. We actively participate in raising money for Credit Unions for Kids by the sale of Entertainment books and the Skip-A-Payment program. Dollars raised go directly (100%) to our local branches of The Children's Miracle Network hospitals.
The following is a list of some of our accomplishments from last year:
- Raised money for Credit Unions for Kids through selling candy bars, discount Evergreen State Fair tickets, and Entertainment books. Through those efforts we were able to donate over $3100 (about $.54 per member).
- Raised money and accepted donations of food for the Volunteers of America food bank during the holidays.
- Staff adopted a family and was able to provide them with clothing, toys, and gift certificates for food to help brighten their Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Participated in the Snohomish County Night Out Against Crime, serving up over 700 ears of corn and 600 hot dogs, all free to the community.
- Participated in the One Big KISS Radiothon for Children's Hospital donating 3 staff to help answer phones and take donations.
- Supported Junior Achievement of Washington, the Snohomish Artist Guild, Zonta and Families & Friends of Missing Persons & Violent Crime Victims with donations.
- Donated "How to Survive a Layoff" booklets to the Snohomish Health District & Snohomish County to help employees that were facing layoffs.
- Donated gift cards to the Sheriff's Department so officers on duty could provide assistance to persons in need as they encountered them during their work shifts. These gift cards were used as a hand up, not a hand out.
- Collected toy donations and raised money for the Christmas House.
- Participated in the United Way Day of Caring. Sent 3 staff members to a local youth organization for the day to help clean up the facility.
- Collected and matched donations to support Project Self-Sufficiency's annual back to school drive.
- Every employee at SnoCope is given 8 hours to donate to the charity of their choice. Multiple staff members participate in this program every year.
- The credit union budgeted over $1900 to donate to local charities and organizations that would give back in support of our local community.